The last time I made mittens they were the most colorful and playful little things ever. I still wear them, especially if I want to venture out on a day like today. The internets say the high is 0 Farenheit, but I believe I saw a bank sign that advertised the temperature at 6. Maybe that was just in the sun.
The pattern is ‘Cruiser’ from The Daily Skein. When I was thinking about mittens for my man I had to take into account a couple of things.
1. He doesn’t like loud colors. His claim is that he doesn’t like drawing attention to himself- a result of his midwestern sensibilities.
2. I didn’t want to knit plain boring mittens.
3. I had to do something exciting that didn’t involve colors.
4. Without bringing to mind Bella’s mitts from ‘Twilight.
5. And then I came across the Cruiser.
Since the recipient of the mittens is determined to ride his bike through the winter, I decided that the least I could do (besides supporting a purchase of studded bike tires so that he doesn’t wreck and break his collar bone) was to knit him something warm.
But, because I am me, I had to add a little bit of color. I just couldn’t resist.
Happy New Year everyone!